Pasar al contenido principal
The most important objectives are:
- To encourage the establishment of the "FERRMED Standards" in the main rail freight transportation network in the European Union.
- To improve the ports and airports connections with their respective hinterlands in the European Union and in the neighboring countries.
- To stimulate the development of railway infrastructures for freight transport in the main FERRMED Great Axis network.
- To obtain from the European Commission the inclusion in the "Core Network" of all the main branches of FERRMED Great Axis Network and its area of influence.
- To stimulate the improvement of management/operational systems and free competition in the rail freight transportation network in the European Union.
- To promote new “utilization” procedures of infrastructures in order to optimize railway transport and the combined/intermodal freight transport using the railway.
- To improve the general competitiveness of the European Union through the global chain of added value (particularly in the rail freight and multimodal transport) through the application of the “R+D+4i” management philosophy.
- To consolidate, together with other associations, the major vectors of progress in the EU and neighboring countries (EURASIAN, EULER and MEDITERRANEAN). The upgrade of smart intercities links through the rise of EU CORE NET CITIES PLATFORM and FERRMED– EU CORE NET CITIES Tribunes
- The Full FERRMED Corridors achievement including their Eurasian dimmension (for freight, considering only the most important part of the EU Railway Core Network) (approx. 15.000 Kms).
- To contribute to a more sustainable development through the reduction of pollution and climate change gas emissions.
- To optimize the full logistics chain considering appropiate intermodality, reducing costs, increasing quality, assuring traceability and reliability, accomplishing lead times and timetables and improving management procedures in the transportation system.
How the goals of FERRMED can be reached?
- Becoming a powerful multi-sectorial association at European level (“FERRMED power is present in its members”).
- Putting together the ideas, targets, plans and requirements of FERRMED members.
- Participating in decisive working groups at local, regional, national and European levels.
- Carrying out a Supply/Demand, Technical and Socio-economic Global Study regarding the whole influence area of FERRMED Great Axis Network in order to determine the actions to be taken to improve the competitiveness of all economic involved sectors.
- Carrying out technical studies regarding the development of diferent sections of EU Rail Core Network.
- Performing "lobby" actions at key political institutions and at principal decision-makers bodies.
- Proposing improving plans in rail and multimodal freight transportation network and management systems, based on the FERRMED Standards and principles and carrying out the required studies at regional, national and European level
- Conducting studies and conceptual designs of new versions of railway rolling stock, adapted to the requirements of the FERRMED Standards.
- Reporting the weaknesses of the freight railway network and operational systems all over the European Union, beginning with the areas influenced by the FERRMED Great Axis Network.
- Analyzing specific problems of the railway network in specific geographical areas.
- Making strict analysis of government plans related to the railway infrastructure and operation systems at regional, national and European levels and, if necessary, preparing the counter-proposals.
- Doing an extensive follow-up of the government plans implementation.
- Organizing FERRMED conferences, FERRMED - EU CORE NET CITIES Tribunes, and public presentations all over Europe and participating in specialized fairs and other main events.
- Having a powerful website and the FERRMED News.